Sunday, April 12, 2015

Frozen Cake & Agar Agar 2








My nephew requested me to make Frozen theme birthday cake for his dd, Joy 3rd birthday celebration.  Cake for lunch and Agar Agar for dinner celebration.  A bit stress to do but lucky the result seem quite good, haha!

The cake is made with my black forest cake recipe but replace coco powder with cake flour and omit the chcolate paste.  I made two times of the recipe with 10 inch pan and 7 inch pan. I made two tiers, top was with blueberry fillings and bottom tier was mango fillings. The staircases were made from small block chocolate, just stack them accordingly.

Recipe of Blackforest Cake from my creative culinaire Judy Koh but I modify a bit:

Cake Ingredient: (2 x 7 inch or 1 x 10 inch)
10 g Cocoa Powder
130g Cake Flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
70g Corn oil
5 Egg yolk
85g Water
1/2 tsp Chocolate paste
5 Egg white
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
120g sugar

Method: (Preheat oven at 180c)
1. Mix the yolk, oil, water and paste together well.
2. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder and mix into the yolk mixture till smooth.
3. Whisk the whites, cream of tartar till bubble foam then add in the sugar and whisk till stiff.
4. Fold in some white into the yolk mixture then pour it into the white mixture.

5. Bake at 180c for about 25 to 30 min.


For the Agar Agar, thanks my friend, Muna lend me her skirt mould to do.  I used two pkt of agar agar powder,  360g sugar, 2 tsp of instant jelly powder and 2400ml of water to fill up the skirt mould.  Then another half pkt of agar agar powder, 100g sugar, 400ml water and 100 ml of coconut milk to do the decoration.


4 comments:

  1. hi , its beautiful. may i know where can i get the skirt mould??

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi , its beautiful. may i know where can i get the skirt mould??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Eileen, am impressed by your creation. Understand from your blog you mentioned that you used 2 tsp of instant jelly powder. What brand type you used. What color did you used for the skirt and where can I get the doll. the doll is sat on a 9" base?

    May I know where best I can get the mould from. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Eileen very beautiful cake, can you tel me where can I buy Elsa's skirt.
    I am in phuket Thailand.

    ReplyDelete